Applying for a Permit

If you are applying for a permit or have questions please contact Planning and Development:

Call: 780-513-3950
E-mail: Planning and Development
In person: County of Grande Prairie No.1, Administration Building, 10001 - 84 Ave., Clairmont, AB.

Until the Online Permitting Service is available, please download a pdf application and submit it to Planning and Development.

 Development Permit Application Forms

All Development applications require a completed Development Permit Application form as well as the suitable development details form. Please select one of the forms below that best suits your proposed development:


Development Applications based on type:
Additional Development Permit Related Forms
  • Applicant's Authorization is required if the applicant is acting on behalf of a registered landowner, as well as authorizes a County representative entry on to the site to evaluate it for the proposed development.
  • Time Extension on Approved Development is required if an applicant would like to request additional time to complete an approved development.

 Building Permit Application Forms

Residential Building Permits Application Forms
Non-Residential Building Permit Application Forms

Additional Construction Details

 Electrical Permit Application Forms

 Gas Permit Application Forms

 Plumbing Permit Application Forms

 Private Sewage Permit Application Forms

All Private Sewage applications require a completed application as well as detailed designs of the proposed system.

Design Details

Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday:
   8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
   CLOSED 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday:

If you have a problem or concern you would like the County to address, you can Report an Issue