Welcome to our Planning and Safety Code Applications page. Whether you need a development application, building application, electrical application, gas application, plumbing application, or sewage application, we are here to assist you.

We also handle applications for Beaverlodge, Sexsmith, and Wembley. For home-based businesses, including home occupation and chicken permits, you'll find the necessary forms here.

Our goal is to make the permit application process as smooth as possible. 

If you have any questions about land use or permitting, please contact us using the information below:

Contact Us:

  • Phone: 780-513-3950
  • Email: plan@countygp.ab.ca 

Submitting Applications:

  • Email Applications: plan@countygp.ab.ca
  • In-Person Submissions:
    • County of Grande Prairie No.1, Administration Building, 10001 - 84 Ave., Clairmont, AB

Online Permitting Service:

  • Not available yet. Please download the PDF application forms below and email them to us.

Hours of Operation

  • Monday to Friday:
    • OPEN: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    • CLOSED: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
  • Saturday and Sunday:
    •    CLOSED

 Development Permit Application Forms

All Development applications require a completed Development Permit Application form as well as the suitable development details form. Please select one of the forms below that best suits your proposed development:

Development Applications based on type:
Additional Development Permit Related Forms
  • Applicant's Authorization is required if the applicant is acting on behalf of a registered landowner, as well as authorizes a County representative entry on to the site to evaluate it for the proposed development.
  • Time Extension on Approved Development is required if an applicant would like to request additional time to complete an approved development.

 Building Permit Application Forms

Residential Building Permits Application Forms
Non-Residential Building Permit Application Forms

Additional Construction Details

 Electrical Permit Application Forms

 Gas Permit Application Forms

 Plumbing Permit Application Forms

 Private Sewage Permit Application Forms

All Private Sewage applications require a completed application as well as detailed designs of the proposed system.

Design Details

Beaverlodge, Sexsmith and Wembley Safety Codes Permits

The County of Grande Prairie is accredited and contracted to issue Safety Codes Permits for the Town of Beaverlodge, The Town of Sexsmith, and the Town of Wembley.


If you would like to apply for a building, electrical, gas, plumbing or private sewage permit with in these jurisdictions, please find the corresponding application here and submit it to plan@countygp.ab.ca 

If you have a problem or concern you would like the County to address, you can Report an Issue